IndigoMuse Knits

Monday, September 26, 2005

Football, Fall and Fiber

I had a little of all of my favorite "F"'s this weekend. The Hokie game against Georgia Tech was an absolute blast and a serious blow out - 51 to 7! It was orange effect weekend so the place was ablaze in one of my favorite fall colors.



In case you're wondering, yes I did take some knitting with me. The elderly guy checking bags at the entrance even commented "You gonna do some yarnin' during the game?" Yes, I naively replied or so I thought. When we got to our seats and realized that we had less than 12 square inches of space a piece, then I changed my tune. What was comical was that everytime the crowd stood up, we had to stand up or not only did you end up with a face full of ass but you couldn't move.

The trip out to Blackburg albeit overcast showed visible signs of fall foliage. Over the next few weeks, the foliage should be breathtaking. I would have loved to have taken pictures but King Thing decided to take me through Ellett Valley which I affectionately call twist, turn and hurl. I've gotten past most of my motion sickness over the years but this road does me in every time. This might give you an idea of just how bad the road is.

He somehow convinced me that it would be faster than taking the interstate and that he wouldn't go too fast. Yeah, right. By the time we pulled into the parking lot, I was a lovely shade of green. I never got sick but its the closest I've come in years.

In keeping with the tradition that I started last year, I started taking fall foliage progress pictures of the many trees that I get to watch from my backyard.



As you can see, they really haven't gotten very pretty yet. My hope is that we'll get some pretty colors in another week or so though it has been so dry that the leaves may just turn brown and drop off :( Should I do the fall foliage foto contest again this year? I really enjoyed all of your pictures from last year. Let me know if you'd be interested in sending them my way again.

In knitting and spinning news, I got very seriously distracted with another new project this weekend. I honestly think I need help. I can't stay focused to save my life. Here's a hint of what I worked on:



Any guesses on what it might be? Stay tuned. I hope to show you more tomorrow.

In other fibery good news, I have the new Spin Off though I've barely cracked the cover. I sent in some of my handspun Corgi yarn that will appear in the next issue. I also put some of my handspun Finn sheep to use as part of my sneaky project. I really like how it turned out.

The bleeding corset came out of hiding. Using these cool button pins, I temporarily put the buttons on her to see if I like them before committing to them 100%.



(pay no attention to the very bad hair day I'm having or the deer in the headlights when is the timer going to go off look)

What do you think? I'd love to find some different buttons but the colors have been difficult to match up which is why I went neutral. Overall, I'm pleased with the fit even if I do get sad everytime I look at the faded colors. I've lost about 7 pounds from the time that I first started the top and I can definitely tell. My hope is to wear this to the Fiber Fest but that will depend on the weather. I do have my Kyoto sweater as a back up.

I'm off for some post Pilates coffee. We just got digital cable and now have FitTV and DIY! Woo Hoo! Have a great week everyone!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That road sign is just great! We were on a couple of roads just like that yesterday.

Cece said...

Mittens maybe? I like the cuff - but I'm a sucker for all things Hot Pink.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you're making, but it looks pretty!
Shame on DH for trying to make you nauseous. Guys can be like that sometimes while driving. Mine does the same thing sometimes and I keep telling him he's trying to kill me!

emmy said...

The corset looks lovely on you and I like the buttons.WOOHOO on the seven pounds gone! I hope you wear it because I am very curious to see it in person. In the picture it is hard to see the fading.

Fall Foliage pictures sound great. Maybe I can get some on the lake before we pull the boat out and if it doesn't get too cold.

My dh took me down Windy Gap Road and I said NEVER AGAIN!!

I am getting soooo excited about Saturday!!!!

Anonymous said...

From the photo the corset doesn't look faded. I'm loving the fit and shaping; I'm not mad at the buttons either, to be honest. Anything dyed to match would get lost. They look pearlized. Are they?

Amy Boogie said...

Great road sign - it's appropriate for a few roads around here. The finished Corset looks great - You can't even tell the colors faded if you hadn't said something. I like the buttons but if you want them to match better you can dye some silk ones to match.

Anonymous said...

That funny road sign makes me think of the Blue Ridge Parkway, which everyone kept telling us we needed to take, and on which I had to fight the urge to upchuck for miles and miles and miles.

Corset looks great! Love the color.

froggiemeanie said...

That roadsign is awesome. I can think of a few spots in Newfoundland where it would be totally appropriate.

Your corset looks great and so does your hair!

Fall foliage sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

The corset looks great on you.

My guess your current WIP is either a child's top or a short-sleeved adult top. It looks like a sleeve in the photo. I can't wait to find out what it is. I love the color!

Kimberly said...

Your corset looks great! One of these days I'm actually going to make one for myself.

How do you like Pilates? I've been looking for something to do that's not hard on the joints.

Anonymous said...

I just can't take off a month again. I miss too much. I love your corset top & your shawl is so pretty!

alltangledup said...

my first visit here but damn, that corset looks fabulous on you. I'm going to try to figure out the self timer on my camera now. I think my arms are too short to do an effective self photo.

Nana Sadie said...

Oh, the corset! The "bleeding" corset! It's GORGEOUS - but you already knew I thought so! Love it love it - and Hip Hip Hooray for the weight loss - you go girl!
Hunka bro, he's too cute, and hope your wrists stop aching soon...(I'm late reading about the corset, canya tell?)
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hi Tanya, The corset looks wonderful. I am truly sorry for the color running. Any handpainted yarn will run, however it should not have faded. If you are unhappy with the yarn, please visit our website and I will be happy to replace your yarn or work something out to compensate for your frustration. Thank you, Terry, The Purled Llama Yarn Co.