IndigoMuse Knits

Thursday, January 06, 2005

I heart my new baby

Announcing the adoption of my new baby girl (who is still waiting on a name)

Weight: 10 lbs
Height: 29 inches
Eyes: uh, she doesn't have any but she has really big feet



Yes, sir that's my baby, a Majacraft Little Gem. She's so petite and cute and just perfect that I want to cuddle her. And then of course, put her little hinny to work. Which is what I did Tuesday and Wednesday night. I posted more details over at Knitters Review (in the entry dated 1-06-05) if you want to read about my trip to Stony Mountain Fibers. Barbara herself is a gem and I strongly encourage anyone who is close to her shop and in the market for a wheel to give her a call. I know that she has a loyal customer for life :)

I've already spun and plied a sample skein of Bartlett pencil roving in very bright colors and am working on my second bobbin of Romney. Plus, I amassed close to two ounces of amount of Corgi hair (Princess Mavis is blowing her coat like you would not believe)in just one sitting. I figure I have enough to spin into something so this is next on my list.

Oh I also forgot that I gave knitting lessons to two of the lovely ladies from my Suppa club. In just 45 minutes, I had them both knitting away. They have a homework assignment and will be back next week to report on their progress. I'm so proud of them! Mark down two more that I've converted to the dark side - mwah haha haha!

I promise to post more soon with hopefully some pictures but I wanted to fire this off quickly while Blogger was cooperating (I've had nothing but trouble for the last two days both posting and commenting).

4 comments:

Amy Boogie said...

What a cutie pie!!! Congrats on your new wheel.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the newby - Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your little gem. They really are versatile and adorable at the same time. Last month I bought a Rose from the Woolery. Knew not a whit about spinning, drove a long distance to get there and left with the Majacraft Rose. The Woolery is nestled in a quaint little town in eastern NC...a fun trip. I love the Rose. The quality on each wheel is excellent though. Quiet and easy to spin. Must be easy, since I've taught myself and ma producing very acceptable yarn already. Congrats on your baby.

Lori said...

It's beautiful! you're going to have so much fun with that! I just got a wheel too, and I ADORE it!