IndigoMuse Knits

Monday, August 02, 2004

C is for Cashmere, not cookie

You are Cashmere.
You are Cashmere.You are sophisticated and luxe. You can often be
found in high-end boutiques and hobnobbing with
the upper crust. You are one of the beautiful
people and you don't let anyone forget it!

What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

I do LOVE Cashmere. However, with a MUCH larger mortgage starting this month, my hopes of owning any in the near future are on hold. I'm more of a Cashmere wanna be these days though my friends have recently dubbed me a "princess." At first I was appalled by this designation. I'm a save the world kinda girl. A child advocate, hurt not the earth, don't like bugs but don't kill them either kind girl. I like pizza but not with thin crust and please don't put mushrooms, olives or peppers on it, roll up the windows in the car and turn on the air conditioning in the summer kinda girl. Generally hate acrylic, give me some kid mohair, silk, or cashmere kinda girl - yeah, I'm an in denial, princess kinda girl. What a scary revelation! I've polled several close friends and they've all said the same thing - yes, you're a princess but not the bitchy kind (whatever that means). As you can see, I'm still easing into accepting my title. However, I've decided to enjoy it rather than shirk it all together (I can't change who I am). Starting this week, I'll be including more about "princesshood" in my blog and specifically how it applies to my knitting world.

Princess stuff all aside, the week has started very nicely. I'm taking a break from dialing into the office. I'm on the floor with my laptop and a cuppa Joe, listening to new age music surrounded by the sensual fragrance of a new Illuminations candle in Patchouli and Cedarwood. The birds are quietly chirping and the rain has stopped for now leaving a mist on everything outside and it looks like the sun is going to come out soon. Life is full of peace and serenity :) Since I'm on this topic, I've decided to decorate my office/knitting salon with this theme in mind - a little zen room. I'm thinking of either a misty blue or buttercream color for the walls, pillows on the floor, natural lighting, candles, etc. I need help taking full advantage of this space. Has anyone created such a space in their home? What elements should I incorporate into it? I'm going to post a picture of it here and give its dimensions so that you can see what I have to work with. Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated...

Screech!!! On the knitting front, that's the sound of the abrupt halt of my berry lacy poncho. I needed to whip up a baby shower gift by Monday, August 9th and started this weekend on a set of baby booties. Were they easy? Not the first one but the second was a breeze. They are way too cute. They didn't knit up as quickly as I wanted them to but I'm very pleased with the results. I refused to buy tiny dpns so I used the magic loop method using my Denise needles. Worked like a charm - Denise needles rule! I need to get some blue ribbon to weave through the eyelets and will post pictures once I'm finished. I might try socks this fall now that I've proven to myself that I can knit with needles smaller than 10's and survive. Who knows?

Call me crazy but I want to try my hand at a sweater. I decided to knit a baby sweater to match the little booties. I've finished the yoke and am starting the front. So far so good but this sweater involves a good amount of counting stitches. I'm getting better at more mindful knitting. Perhaps I can try more complicated patterns in the future after all.

I finally made myself a button this weekend.

Please feel free to add it to your blog but please respect bandwidth and save it in your files.

TTFN, back to work...

No comments: