IndigoMuse Knits

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Beautiful Day!

What a beautiful morning!!!  It was actually cool when I woke up instead of the instant heat we've experienced as of late.  Summer has been very hot this year and I haven't been able to get outside that much because of the stiffling heat.  I'm looking forward to cooler afternoons and walking around my new neighborhood with the kids.

I spent the evening looking for a baby bootie pattern online. No, I'm not having another baby (freaked DH out when he saw me looking them up online) but a former coworker is.  Since I'm knitting so much now, I thought that I might try my hand at booties.  How hard can they be? I bought four skeins of a real pretty white baby acrylic on sale (I usually cringe at acrylic but this didn't feel like acrylic) and it has been waiting for me to make something with it.  I'll also make a tiny hat to go with the booties. We'll see how they turn out.  If I'm inspired, I'll make a little sweater to go with it. I only have a week and lots of WIPs that I need to wrap up so the sweater may not happen.

It was great catching up on my knitting buddies' blogs.  I feel like I've been away forever.  I'm envious of the Audrey that several are starting or have started.  I don't think that I'm ready to take the plunge yet though.  I guess I would feel more confident if I had a knitting buddy to help me through the rough spots  :(  Now that I'm more settled in my house, I'm going to work harder to find fellow knitters in the area.  There have to be Gen-X knitters around here. I just don't know where to find them.  I'm getting another package together for my KRSP.  Every time I go shopping I can't walk out of a store without buying something for her.  I need to exercise some control.

I was only able to finish one row of Berry Lacy (see the pictures of Pink Cloud and Berry Lacy ponchos below) last night while watching John Edwards address the DNC. Hopefully I'll get more done tonight.  I'm eager to finish at least one side by the weekend so that I can block it.  I'm debating about whether or not to add a lace edge in Koigu or if I should add a beaded edge.  If I get finished this weekend, I'm going to toy with it.  I also have some swatching to do for the bags that I've been commissioned to make so I'm not sure how much time I'll be able to commit to Berry girl :)  I'm off to gaze at the sun rising off my deck before I get start work for the day.  TTFN...

No comments: