IndigoMuse Knits

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

First Day of School

I'm so happy that school started today. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my boys. They are the greatest joy of my life. But we have seen way too much of each other this summer. It was great to see them both so self confident that they ran into their respective school buildings, hugging friends, teachers and administrators along the way - all without looking back once for Mom. Okay, that part made me teary but I'm glad that they love their school. I also got (and gave) lots of hugs and kisses from the teachers, administrators and other parents. It's so nice to be a part of a small school (only 120 students total) where you're like a big family. Even the rain held off this morning. It was a great start to the week (and hopefully the school year)!

For the fourth year in a row, Labor Day weekend was blah. It either rained, threatened to rain or was so damned windy that you felt like the sand was goind to blast your skin off. And when the sun came out and you thought that you could get some beach time in, the waves were so rough that they knocked you flat on your face. All thanks to the residual effects of Frances. Hopefully we can get back in the next few weeks and enjoy a little bit of sun and fun before the fall creeps up on us.

And yes, I did get to knit. I knit and knit and knit for four days and loved every second of it. I finished the prayer shawl on the trip down the beach and am just waiting for an address so that I can send it on its way. I spent a good amount of time knitting Rogue. I must admit that gabbing with my Mom and knitting don't always mix. I frogged the back (armholes) section three times because I wasn't paying attention and missed a simple decrease. I did the same thing to the left neck cables and shaping but for a different reason. I forgot that when you're knitting Rogue on straights, that you have to reverse the pattern directions for the left side. That's okay. I'm learning and enjoying at the same time :) The body is finished (I tried it on and its so toasty and comfy) and the neck cables aren't as hard as I convinced myself they would be. The hood is technically next in the pattern though I may make the sleeves next. Am I chickening out on the hood or what?

I also did a little yarn shopping too. It will be my last for a while since I'm going on a yarn diet starting today. I bought a cute little Vogue book on knitting bags. I may go back to this since I've been knitting garments for the last three months. I visited the ladies at Ewe Knit kits and picked up some extra Cascade 220 tweed just in case I don't have enough to finish Rogue. And my wonderful cousin in law, whisked me away on Saturday for my first visit to the Knitting Sisters (in Williamsburg). I exercised considerable restraint and only bought two skeins of the coolest new Noro yarn - Kujaku. I can't wait to figure out what to do with this yarn. So glad to know where this shop is. I plan to go back soon.

I promise pictures tomorrow. I have to catch up on work and reestablish my morning routine. Hope that everyone enjoyed the long weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love cascade 220! I had not seen the tweed before.

pixiepurls.com