IndigoMuse Knits

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I'm back in the saddle again

I can't believe how busy last week was. I found my house cleaning muse and have been working like the tazmanian devil to get the house straight before the hoardes of visitors descend upon us for the next three weeks. It started last night with Suppa Club that I hosted at my house. Seven of us did yoga for an hour and then ate some yummy spa cuisine. It was so very relaxing though I must say that the yoga was far from easy. What a great workout! Next month we're going climbing at a local indoor rock wall. I can't wait! I conquered one of the walls last year and am ready to begin a new, harder one.

On the weight loss front, I've lost 8 pounds! I can't believe it. I've actually lost 10 because I gained two pounds the first week. While I'm told that I can count that, I'm only counting the 8 (it makes me work harder). The CORE program has been fairly easy to stick with and even when I've been "bad", I can offset it with exercise. My goal is to lose 20 pounds by the end of the year. At this rate, I shouldn't have any problem though I know that my worst enemy is my holiday baking. I hope to combat the urge to sample all of the batters by mixing and freezing them between now and mid-December. That way, I'm not doing so much damage in one week (which is how I usually do it) and can bake the goodies right before I either ship or gift them. The goodies don't hang around, I can't easily eat frozen dough and I stick to the program. Sounds like a good plan, let's see if I can follow through.

And finally, this wouldn't be a knitting blog if I didn't post some knitting updates. The "Moon over the Blue Ridge" shawl is quite lovely though it is progressing v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. I promised myself that I would finish it before picking up another project. I realized that it would make a beautiful poncho/shawl so I may fit it with some buttons so that the recipient has the option to do either. I have almost all of the yarn for my holiday projects. I would like to start on my mother's after the Moon. I'm knitting a beautiful felted houndstooth bag and matching mittens for her but still need the off white before I can get started. I also have a wild hare to finish my knitting room just so I can organize all of my yarn. It seems like the stuff is multiplying. How did I end up with so much yarn and still manage to think I need to buy more? Wait, that's because there is no such thing as "too much" yarn (she says covering her ears and singing "la la la la la, I can't hear you"). Happy knitting all and keep sending me those pictures of fall foliage...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your weight loss. It's a great feeling isn't it? Consistancy is definately the key! I know what you mean about yarn stash. It just keeps growing and growing & we have no clue why!! LOL

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com

Colette said...

The Core program really is easy to follow - I've been on it for 5 weeks and have lost 4lbs - love your idea of freezing the batters - I usually do a lot of baking for the holidays to - I am going to try that myself.
Thanks for the idea