IndigoMuse Knits

Monday, June 21, 2004

Ah, the taste of a top shelf margarita

Bribed my husband to make me a Cabo Waborita since I was ready to collapse after finishing the KR Secret Pals matching. The kids were a great help though the peni-3 seem to think that I've lost my mind. I agonized over matching everyone up all evening. While most of the selections were by slip ballots, there were a few that had to be more purposefully selected. It was fun but I'm glad that I can now get on to spoiling my secret pal. I can't wait. I'm having a hard time thinking of just the perfect thing to do to introduce myself to her. I can't wait to start seeing some of the others' gifts. I only wish that I had knitting buddies locally. I would love to have a knit in and other activities with like minded, fellow knitters. The only knitting groups that I'm aware of are for 70 somethings which isn't the end of the world but certainly not my peer group. I'm rambling. It's the 'rita :)

This weekend was grand. Not only was the weather perfect and the beach relaxing but I finished Jean Pierre and started on number two "Le Bleu". I was kinda freaked by the size of that French Market bag. I looped it over my head and it would have made a great halter top - tee hee. However, like magic as usual, the washer shrank that sucker right on down. I'm so in love with it. I know for sure that I'll make it the next one deeper though I'm cringing at how much yarn it will suck up. I promise to have pictures up no later than the end of the week. I'm so behind on my photographs.

Nine more days until move number 3 in 30 days. I'm dreading it but at least we won't be in this apartment anymore. Some ding dongs who live upstairs wake up at 4:30 every morning and walk all over my head. I'm not sure how much more I can take. I'm getting excited about our new house. I'm going to have my own space for my office and knitting. I've got so many ideas in my head. Not to mention, I'll finally have somewhere to escape the testosterone. I'm not a huge fan of pink but I'm thinking of decorating in lots of it, just to keep them from coming in :)

Trying to get some projects in over the next week before we move since I know that knitting time will be hard to come by...

No comments: