IndigoMuse Knits

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Things I hate about living in an apartment...

Day nine in a corporate apartment. Two boys, a husband (who has been out of town seven of the nine days), two guinea pigs, a corgi and me. Did I mention that I'm the only gurl in the mix - testosterone fest 2004! Why subject myself to this to begin with? Because the end result is a big beautiful new house that we'll move into on the 30th. In the meantime, you don't know what you've got till its gone.

Oh yeah, back to the things that I hate...

***The teeny tiny stacked washer and dryer combo that you have to connect to the faucet in the kitchen to use. For one person or maybe two, its cute as hell. For four, its sheer hell. Throw in a pair jeans (the big oversized jeans that the kids wear now-a-days) and a couple of thong underwear and you have yourself a load. I did laundry this weekend for four hours just to get a handful of clothes clean. And oh yeah, you can't really felt knitted projects in this washer because it barely agitates. It took four washings to mildly felt my two pokie bags :( Did I mention that I knit and felt totebags? I guess I'll either learn the joy of hand felting (yeah, right) or I'm screwed until we move. Whirlpool, how do I love thee? When you're out of storage, I'll count the ways...

***The fact we're all on one floor. At least with an upstairs and downstairs we could escape from each other every now and then (okay, I would escape, everyone else would lounge). But here, we're all up each other's butts. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys but man, I need some space. Calgon, take me away...

***That I can't just let the dog run out into the yard for as long as she wants, whenever she wants. Yes, I now have the joy of voyeuristically watching the dog find the perfect spot to take a crap every morning. Not my idea of starting the day off right...

***That I have dial up and not DSL for a month. My youngest son found this out the hard way today while waiting 20 minutes for a game to load on cartoonnetwork.com. I'm not sure that any of us have the patience to endure the next three weeks.

Can you tell that I'm tense? I know that things could be worse but considering what we went through to pack, shlep our stuff to storage and deal with the end of the year stuff for school, I'm not a happy camper. Lucky for me, I AM getting some knitting done and hope to crank out some projects this weekend. However, felting them will be another story.

Countin' down the days...

No comments: